Online Tax Sydney – Terms & Conditions
1. You agree by creating a user account that it is your intent to use our services as your tax agent for lodgement with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) your income tax return or other tax reports we have agreed to lodge for you. You will not use or access our websites for any other purpose or for a commercial purpose.
2. You authorise Online Tax Sydney or any registered tax agent employed Online Tax Sydney to review the information you provide through the Service and lodge your tax return to the ATO based on the information you provide through the Service and in accordance with the obligations imposed on us under the Income Tax Assessment Acts of 1936 and 1997, the Taxation Administration Act 1953 and the Tax Agent Services Act 2009.
3. You acknowledge that the 7 to 10 working day refund we advertise is not a guarantee. All returns are subject to review by the ATO. A tax refund may be delayed for a number of reasons such as, for example, inaccurate information, an unusually large refund or processing times of the ATO. Online Tax Sydney is not liable for any delays.
4. The information we collect from you is used to prepare your tax returns. Online Tax Sydney does not accept any responsibility for the information that you provide. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us through the Service, and for all of your other activities in connection with the Service.
5. By registering a user account with us, you are the person that you say you are and you will not represent yourself as someone else. If you are assisting someone else to access the site, create a user account or otherwise use our Service, you agree that you have the person’s express consent.
6. You acknowledge and agree that we may terminate your password and account or deny you access to the site without prior notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that are deemed inappropriate for continued access.
8. You consent to and authorise us to request, collect, use and record your tax file number and taxation information for the purpose of acting on your behalf in the conduct of your affairs.
9. You will keep your user account details including your password secure, and make sure that no person other than yourself accesses the site using your credentials.
You will notify us immediately if you believe your user account details or user password have been compromised.
10. You agree that even though we attempt to make the Service available at all times we do not warrant that this will be the case. We may be required to carry out system maintenance and the Service will not be available during this time. We will not be liable to you for any loss arising from your inability to access the Service at any time.
11. The use or reliance on the information available through the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law,
George and Be Pty Ltd (ABN 42 611 381 410) trading as Online Tax Sydney, our related entities, directors, employees, shareholders and agents will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any injury, loss, damage, claims, expenses, or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or related to the use, or inability to use, the information on the Service or provided through the Service.
12. Subject to clause 13 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, representations, warranties and guarantees, whether express or implied,
by statute, trade or otherwise.
13. If you are a consumer for the purposes of applicable State or Federal law in Australia, with the consequence that certain guarantees, rights and remedies are conferred on you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except in limited circumstances, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to you is limited at our option to
(i) resupply of the services; or (ii) payment of the cost of resupplying the services.
14. The referral fee of $30 for bringing new clients to our business will be due to you if
three conditions are met. The referred new client must not have used the Service previously, once finalised gives us authority to lodge their tax return and pays the fee applicable to them.
Once these events occur the money will be deposited into your nominated bank account.
15. These Terms and Condition are governed by the laws of New South Wales. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
Online Tax Sydney reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Updates will be effective when posted on this website.
When you access or use the Service, you are agreeing to do so in accordance with the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions.
16. These Terms and Conditions were last amended on 1st June, 2020.